That's what runners do; they run. If you're not feeling well, you run; if it's lousy weather, you run, and if you're under stress, you obviously go for a run. You run to clear your head. You run to ease the ache in your muscles, and you run just so you can breathe a little fresh air.

No matter what else is going on, there's always time for a run.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Family Fitness Challenge

Let the competition begin!!   My older sister has challenged the family to a Fitness Challenge for the next 5 weeks.  We are getting a point for every minute of exercise outside of work and a point for each serving of fruits and veggies we eat.  We are using the myplate.gov for our fruit and veggies serving sizes.  My sister put us into random drawn teams for the next 5 weeks, plus Ella who will be alternating between the groups with the lowest number of points each weeks.   It is really hard to say who will get the most points each week because we have some competitive family members and other who are taking this challenge seriously by taking at look at our diets and making some changes. 

I must say I am very proud of my husband over the last month with his exercise and watching what he has been eating.  My husband recently joined the local planet fitness to lose weight and he is really doing a great job at creating his own schedule and sticking with it.  He is also doing a modified Couch to 5K running plan.  He is at the point where he is running 2 minutes and walking 4 and he is getting ~2.4 miles in the 30 minutes.  I am also very proud of my husband for taking part of this challenge because he eat very few (aka corn, raw carrots, raw apples) fruits or veggies.  However, we have found some additional items that he will eat so he can get the fruits and veggies each day for the challenge.   

I am really looking forward to the next 5 week to see what the family can do to be a little more active and healthy.   I also like this opportunity to look at my diet and incorporate more "clean" foods. 

QOTD:  Have you thought about doing a Fitness/Food Challenge with your family? Would you have some fun competition?

No comments:

Post a Comment