That's what runners do; they run. If you're not feeling well, you run; if it's lousy weather, you run, and if you're under stress, you obviously go for a run. You run to clear your head. You run to ease the ache in your muscles, and you run just so you can breathe a little fresh air.

No matter what else is going on, there's always time for a run.

Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Reflections and Goals of 2012

Happy New Year!!  I am excited for 2012 and see what God had planned for my husband & I and for my family. With the start of the new year, I have been reflecting on 2011.  2011 was a pretty exciting year for me and some goals were met.   

A big goal of mine was run a marathon.  Early in 2010, we decided that we would run the Disney Marathon.  My dad was turning 60 and running a marathon was something I wanted to complete before I turned 30 (similar to what my older sister did).   On January 9, 2011 around 5:30 am, we (my dad, sil SB, and I) started our Disney marathon experience.  It was great to run the Disney marathon and have my family and friends to cheer me along right beside me or long distance.  My dad and I ran the whole thing together, we did not meet our goal time but we finished the marathon in 4 hours and 54 minutes.   It was also very exciting that we took my niece to Disney for the first time and my older sister, Heather and lil' sis, Scuba ran the Donald Duck Half Marathon the day before our marathon.  

Another big thing of 2011, Mister and I got married on 9/10/11 of 2011.  We got engaged on June 10, 2010 and planned the wedding in a little over a year.  My family has become pro's at planning a wedding, in the past three year we have had three weddings.  My lil sister got married in 2009, my older sis got married in 2010 and I got married this year.   So we had lots of things streamlined and were able to pass address files between the three of us and many other lessons learned.   My husband and I have been together for 6 years, we meet while still in college. 

As many people have stated in there blogs: resolutions do not make a lot of sense because we all know we never stick with them.  I am going to make some goal to reach for in the coming year. 

Goals of 2012 (no particular order):
  • Location and Purchase a house
  • Enjoy more/any/all time with family and friends
  • Enjoy the motorcycle more with my husband
  • Remain Injury Free for running
  • Encourage and assist my husband in reaching his goals 

    QOTD: What are some of your goals for 2012?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment