That's what runners do; they run. If you're not feeling well, you run; if it's lousy weather, you run, and if you're under stress, you obviously go for a run. You run to clear your head. You run to ease the ache in your muscles, and you run just so you can breathe a little fresh air.

No matter what else is going on, there's always time for a run.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Spring Changes

It has been a while since I have posted anything probably because things have been crazy around here.  

March came and went by so quickly.  As I have mentioned before, my husband and I have been searching for a house (2 1/2 year roughly), we finally found one that we both really liked.  We were pretty excited about the house and we telling my parents about it and thought we had some time to think and talk about it before making a decision, however we were wrong…..others who looked at the house the day before we did put an offer on the house.  They put an offer on the house not 15 minutes after we went through the house with our realtor.  So late on the Sunday evening, we decided to put in an offer also.  Come 6:30 am on Monday,  our realtor let us know they wanted to know what was the highest we would go.  Well by 3:00 on that Monday, we were writing up the contract for the house.   So we were busy getting all the mortgage stuff around so we could purchase a house for the month of March. 

We also celebrated my husband’s birthday as well…..my niece throw him a wonderful birthday party with birthday hats, birthday cake, birthday candles and balloons.  She was so excited to have a birthday party for him. 

Another change was after we had some really warm 80 degree weather days, I finally can’t take my long hair anymore and I chopped it off…..really chopped it off. I had grown my hair out for the wedding, and figured by April before the hot weather came I would cut it off to donate my hair.  I have donated by hair previously to Locks of Love (3 or 4 times, can’t remember how many).  So I knew this donation would be to Locks of Love or Pantene’s Length that make wigs with women and girls with cancer.  I believe this was the shortest my hair had been since I was a baby.  I wasn’t fond of how sure it was but it has started to go on me.  

Most of April was the waiting game about the house…we tried out best to get things packed up but it was hard not knowing for sure when we were closing.  And to be stilly living there and needing things, make packing hard. 

The rest of the house stuff when pretty smoothly minus a several bumps at closing time but we finally closed the very beginning of May. After closing, we sent the next week cleaning and repainting all the rooms in the house since we couldn’t match paint.  And on May 12th, we were moving into our house.  We have been in our house for a week now, and only had one glitch with the water pump.  Thankfully my parents are only 5 miles away and my dad was able to come to the rescue to touch it have it working again.  My brother had the same magical touch on our water in the fridge too.  Here is our home:

QuintonHouse

I can’t begin to say THANK YOU enough to family and friends that gave up several days to help us clean, paint, pack and move into our new home.  Their love and support and willingness to help us during this time was amazing.  We are truly blessed by wonderful family and friends that we couldn’t live without.   I know I wanted the moving day to be better planned out and prepped before we moved but we just didn’t make enough time to actually pack like we should have.  Only two minor meltdowns about the packing and moving because I should have done more before the actual moving day.  

So thank you again to family and friends for all their help….we would still be packing and moving if it wasn’t for them. 

Since we are moved into our new home that means I have closed the chapter of my life and calling the townhouse my home.  I had lived in the townhouse for 6 years.  A couple years with my older sister, a couple months with my SIL, then give or take a year with my little sister and then the last couple with my husband.  I think we will all miss the convenience of the townhouse for family gatherings, family runs (long and shorts ones), and meeting place. I will also miss our neighbor, Miss Ida, the most active 90 year old woman you will ever meet.  She has definitely become family and we have become her family too.  We made some great memories in the townhouse.  But we are looking forward to the new memories we can make here in our “Country” house.  

Spring 2012 have been the time for change in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment